Friday, October 12, 2018

Encouragement

Yesterday, a hostel mate from School reached out to me after ages. I was closing my laptop to leave office and then 'ting' - a surprise on my mobile. I have concealed her name since I didn't ask her about publishing this. She doesn't even know that I have this blog. I am not planning to tell her but if she stumbles upon this I hope it makes her smile. I don't want to publicize this blog. Right now, it feels like I am talking to myself because I don't see any comments. If someone is meant to read what I have to share, they will find me. I would like to keep it that way ;)

I remembered how much I was loved during those days. I hated the Science Record work and class mates would convince me that they can do that. Pauline used to find it funny that my records would have different hand writings. I never asked. I recalled the girl who reached out was the one who did one of those records. I didn't deserve that love. And, yet she did that for me claiming that it gives her joy to write the record notes and if I could let her do that. Now, I understand that she said that so that I don't see it as a favour from her. That's a beautiful gesture. Good soul! I need to be more open to people. More open to love. As they say 'What we appreciate, appreciates'

She pinged me because she remembered Pauline. She didn't realize that it was Pauline's birth month. She reminded me how I enjoyed elocutions. I have lost that skill. I am not a good public speaker now. I should do something about it. A good wake up call :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Mugilan and Venmathi

  They met when they were 10 and 11 Two magnets circling around - bumping in and drifting off Like and unlike poles - Pulsating ever on the ...