Thursday, September 27, 2018

PTC for the 3 year old twins!

     
The twins go to Klay, Prestige Shantiniketan and I am very pleased with their progress. Klay is very disciplined about the term PTCs but I use it more to understand their dynamics in school. I wrote this when they turned 1 month old. Their characters have not changed yet.

Cass is a happy, content baby. He cries only if he gets hungry, gassy, or has got a wet diaper. The best part is he gives back a grateful smile after his problem is fixed. Mostly, he spends his time observing and is content just looking around if he wakes up. He doesn't need anyone as a sleep prop either. His pics look exactly like my baby pics.

 Raph: Fevicol baby! He soaks in attention and is hyper active. We always find him in a different sleeping position.  He tolerates pain well. He is very particular about  what he wants. He spat out the pacifier and gave a disgusted look when Sanju pushed his finger inside his mouth for fun. 

Apparently, Raph has created a small gang of smart kids and he keeps calling Cass to join them. He acts like some sort of bodyguard to Cass and demands things for him ''Ma'am Annan needs water" and if he is in some other activity group "Where is my Annan?". The funny part is, they said that he addresses and refers to Cass as Annan. Annan is a respectful way to call the older brother. He doesn't use that at home though. They said that Raph is a leader now. He also tries to function as the teacher's assistant. He needs attention and can be crafty about it. If he sees the teacher attending to some other kid, he would raise his hand and ask her how his dress looks or tell her a story of how he got a bruise. Raph has become a master in paying compliments. He is my photographer at home. I find a lot of candid shots in my phone.

Cass is generous and helpful and he cannot bear to stay away from Raph. They said that he doesn't fight and it's easy to give him a replacement toy even if he wants something.  Quite an empathetic kid as well. He makes me melt at home. He would come to me when I least expect it and say "Mama, show me your eyes" and start kissing my eyes. If he is in a great mood, I get 'mama show me your forehead, show me your cheeks' as well.

It's amazing to see them growing up. My wish for them remains the same.

I hope they get their moral compass around the golden rule of treating others the way they would like to be treated. My dream is for them to grow up into mighty individuals who are comfortable with the way they are-Talents are no reasons for pride and shortcomings are no reasons for guilt.  Here's hoping that they work hard to become the best that they can be and have fun while they are at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mugilan and Venmathi

  They met when they were 10 and 11 Two magnets circling around - bumping in and drifting off Like and unlike poles - Pulsating ever on the ...